- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 295g (1 1/3 cups) arborio rice.
- 2 Massel chicken style stock cubes, crumbled (see note).
- 1L (4 cups) boiling water.
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces.
- 110g (2/3 cup) frozen peas.
- 20g (1/4 cup) shredded parmesan.
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces.
- Shaved parmesan, to serve.
Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and rice, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Stir the stock cube and water in a large jug until stock cube dissolves. Add stock and pumpkin to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and pumpkin is tender.
Add the peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the peas are heated through and the rice is tender. Stir in the parmesan.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Stir the chicken into the risotto.
Divide the risotto among serving bowls and top with shaved parmesan.