Toxic chemicals are pretty much all around us in huge volumes on a daily basis. There are toxins in our food, in our homes, in the air we breathe, the water we drink, in cleaning products, toiletries and even our clothes! Almost seems like there’s no escape from all the nasties everywhere.
There are way too many culprits for us to list in this post, but think mercury, lead, heavy metals, radiation, parabens, phthalates, pesticides, petrochemicals and fertilisers. The list goes on and on and it’s not a pretty picture at all!
So, what happens to us if our toxic load gets too high? In very simple terms, we get sick and put on weight. Luckily for all of us, the human body is an amazing machine and mostly it deals with the daily load of toxins by detoxing itself naturally. However, with the sheer amount of toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis, a little helping hand will really make a difference.
We can all make some super simple changes to counteract some of the toxic chemicals loitering about for ourselves and our families.
Here’s our top 8 tips for detoxing your life:
- Ditch the aluminium antiperspirant. Don’t just go natural with your deodorant. Go all out and convert you whole bathroom to natural products, shampoos, conditioners, shower gel etc.
- Don’t carry mobile phones in your pockets or sleep with them in your bedroom (or if you do need to sleep with your phone switch it to Flight Mode).
- Drink water out of Glass or BPA free bottles to ensure no nasties are leaching into your drink.
- Wash your fruit and veg so you are not eating pesticides (and eat certified organic when you can).
- Don’t cook with Teflon coated pots and pans.
- Make your own all surface cleaner with vinegar and essential oils or switch to natural cleaners.
- Avoid fragrance. Whether its candles, cleaners, perfume, cologne or toiletries, synthetic fragrance is one to ditch.
- Add more plants to your living areas. Plants are awesome at removing unwanted toxins from our home, office or man cave.
Simple changes everyone can do to #bethechange.