- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 600g lamb shoulder, cut into cubes.
- 1 brown onion diced.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste.
- 1 carrot, diced.
- 400g canned tomatoes.
- 3 cups vegetable stock.
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped.
- 150g feta, crumbled.
- 3 cups sweet potato, mashed.
- ½ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped.
Preheat oven to 150C or 130C for fan assisted.
Over a high heat, in a heavy casserole dish, heat half the olive oil and brown the lamb in batches and set aside.
Reduce the heat and add the remaining oil to the pan. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the spices and tomato paste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the tomatoes, carrot, stock, rosemary and return the lamb to the pan and stir well. Cover and place in the oven for one hour.
Increase the oven temperature to 180C or 160C for fan assisted. Transfer the lamb to a pie dish, sprinkle over the feta and then top with mashed sweet potato.
Place the dish in the oven for around 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the breadcrumb mixture by combining breadcrumbs, lemon zest and parsley. Sprinkle this over the sweet potato and return to the oven for a few final minutes.
Serve with steamed green beans or a salad and enjoy!