- 4 chicken breasts skinless.
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce.
- 6 cloves garlic chopped.
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, honey or pure maple syrup.
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste.
- 2 limes, plus more to taste.
- 1 bunch coriander roughly chopped.
- 1 bunch mint leaves picked.
- ½ onion, chopped.
- 4 green onions chopped.
- 1 cucumber half moon sliced.
- 1 1/2 to 3 tablespoons thai chilli flakes.
- 2 tablespoons roasted rice powder.
Combine oyster sauce, garlic, white pepper and olive oil together in a bowl. Marinate the chicken at least 1 hour to overnight.
Add the fish sauce, sugar, tamarind paste and limes together in a measuring jug and whisk together. Taste and adjust according to your preference. Add more fish sauce for salty taste, more sugar for sweeter taste and more lime for a sour taste.
Grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until nicely charred on the outside and fully cooked inside. Let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes, then cut into bite size chunks.
Add the chicken, coriander, onion, green onion, cucumber, thai chilli flakes and roasted rice powder. Drizzle the dressing all over and toss together.
Serve with a cold beer or sticky rice to enjoy!